Signs He Likes You More Than a Friend
So you need to know the signs he likes you more than a friend and he loves you in excess of a companion. Possibly you’ve known each other everlastingly and you’re understanding you have further affections for him than you thought. Perhaps you met as of late are still “just companions”. You’re thinking about whether there is an association and something more amongst you and your companion.
Possibly you simply need to know how he feels about you, and whether he’s upbeat being companions or if he’s searching for something more. Whatever the reason, you need to know the reality about his emotions about you.You certainly would prefer not to chance the companionship without making sense of how he feels first. Does he consider you only a companion? Or on the other hand, does he like you in excess of a companion? Continue perusing for the greatest signs that he enjoys you in excess of a companion and that he has genuine sentiments about you.
He Talks To You Differently Than Everybody Else
Carefully listen to the way he talks to you and compare it to the way he talks to his other female friends.
- Does he pay more attention to your conversations? Is he flirtier? Does he laugh more, or make more jokes, or treat you more warmly?
- It’s a big sign he likes you more than a friend if he treats you differently than his other female friends – so watch for how he talks to you and compare it to how he talks to them.
He Remembers What You Like And Don’t Like
If he’s really good at remembering your preferences, it means that you’re important to him
- Some people will remember what toppings their friend likes on pizza, but it takes more than just a friendship to remember all the things they like and don’t like.
- So if he’s got an extra impressive memory about the things you like and don’t like, it’s a big sign that his feelings for you aren’t strictly friendly.
He’s Always Calling And Texting You First
In a friendship, it’s usually pretty equal how much each person contacts the other.
- If one friend is always the one who has to reach out to hang out or talk. It means that the friendship is probably imbalanced.
- But if it’s a friendship between a man and a woman, and he’s the one always calling and reaching out to you – it’s because he has a strong desire to spend more time with you and keep talking to you.
- And usually, that means that he thinks about you as more than just a friend.
He’s Super Curious About Your Life
For all of these signs, it helps to compare them to what you know about how he interacts with his other friends.
After all, some amount of curiosity about a friend is normal.
But when a man likes a woman, he becomes really curious about her life – not only because he wants to know more about her, but also because it gives him an excuse to ask more questions and keep talking to her.
So if he’s surprisingly curious about who you are, where you came from, and what your life is like, it’s a good sign that he’s not just being extra friendly – but that he’s actually interested.
He Doesn’t Call You His Friend
- Listen carefully for how he introduces you or refers to you in a group.
- Chances are if he’s got feelings for you, he’s not going to say, “My friend [name].”
- That’s because in his head he’s thinking about you as more than a friend, and it doesn’t feel right to him to say that you’re just his friend.
He Touches You A Lot
If he’s always finding excuses to touch you and make body contact with you, it’s a good bet that he’s interested in you.
Obviously, I’m not talking about him caressing you or touching you in a super intimate way – I think that’d be a pretty obvious clue about how he feels about you.
But if he’s always touching your shoulder when he makes you laugh, or touching your knee when he’s telling you something or giving you hugs whenever he can find an excuse – it’s safe to say that he really likes touching you… because he thinks of you as more than a friend.
He Finds Excuses To Hang Out One On One
If he likes you more than a friend, he’s going to want to hang out with you alone more than he hangs out with you in groups.
So if he’s asking you to plans that would just be the two of you alone, or he’s always trying to get you away from a group and into a one on one hangout, it’s a very good sign that he’s interested in you and wants to be more than friends.
He Messages You A Lot On Social Media
A huge sign that a guy really likes you is if he’s always messaging you on social media – especially if he’s usually messaging you right when you come online. That means that he’s watching (subconsciously or not) for when you come online, and sending you a message as soon as you do. That’s not the behavior of “just a friend” – that’s what a guy would do when he wants something more.
He Gives You Lots Of Compliments
This is another clue where it helps to look at how he treats other people.
If he’s the kind of person who’s always complimenting his friends and hands out tons of compliments, then this isn’t a huge sign he likes you more than a friend.
But if he rarely gives other people compliments, but showers them on you… it’s a big sign he might have feelings for you.
You Always Catch Him Looking At You
This sign has stayed the same for all time. Both men and women look at the people they’re interested in. They look at them more than they look at anyone else – because it feels good to look at them.
So if you catch him staring at you and it happens more often than you’d expect, that’s a big sign that he wants to be more than friends.
He’s Nervous And Fidgety Around You
Watch his behavior when you’re not around.
- If he’s normally a nervous or fidgety guy, then this sign isn’t going to mean much for your chances with him – he’s just acting normal.
- But if he’s normally a confident guy who doesn’t really fidget a lot, only to get tongue tied, anxious, and fidgety around you – that’s a big sign that he’s into you and is nervous about screwing it up.
He Finds Excuses To Call And Text You All The Time
Friends obviously call and text each other – that’s what makes them friends.
- So it’s up to you to determine whether he’s texting you a pretty normal, friendly amount… or he’s texting you a lot more than that.
- One way to figure it out is to watch what he’s texting you about. If he’s texting to make plans or about plans you’ve already made, that’s a pretty normal thing to text about.
- But if he’s texting all the time just to say hi, or coming up with excuses to call and text you a lot more than you’d expect from a normal friend, that’s a huge sign he likes you.
He Makes Lots Of Eye Contact
People have varying levels of comfort with eye contact – some people are comfortable with it and others don’t really like it.
- One thing usually holds true – if a guy is making lots of eye contact with you when he’s talking to you, it means that he’s very focused on being in the moment with you and connecting with you.
- A guy who really wants to connect with you is a guy that’s likely to have more than just friendly feelings towards you.
He Gets Jealous About You
This sign is super obvious – if he hears about your love life and responds in a jealous or negative way, it’s a strong sign he likes you.
This is also one of the signs that it’s the hardest to fake or conceal. The stronger his feelings for you, the stronger his reaction will be if you mention seeing someone else.
He Notices When You Change Something About Your Appearance
A guy who likes you is going to remember lots of little things about you without even trying – including exactly what you look like.
So if you change something about your appearance, whether it’s small or not so small, and he immediately notices – that’s a big giveaway sign that he thinks about you as more than a friend, and is interested in you.
Signs He Likes You More Than a Friend
Recently, you and your most loved person companion have been getting to know one another. Unexpectedly, you’re becoming flushed each time he talks and understands that you’re prepared for something other than companionship. What does this mean? Or then again perhaps you do like him more than as a companion and you need to state something. Yet are reluctant to make a move since you don’t know whether he feels a similar way. Does he have you immovably planted in the Friend Zone, or does he respond your warm and fluffy emotions? Continue perusing!
Notice What He Says
Observe the way he talks to you. His body language can reveal how he feels about you. Here are some things to consider:
- Listen to his tone. While it may not appear important, it can show how much effort he has put into his words. If he sounds careful in his speech and hesitant, he may have placed some thought into what he is saying. Also, pay attention if he laughs at your awful jokes.
- Take notice of his eye contact. Does he look you in the eye when he talks to you, or does he look around the room distractedly? If he maintains direct eye contact, it shows that you’re his main focus and that he is interested in the conversation. However, keep in mind that he may avoid looking at you out of shyness.
- Note if he gets easily distracted. If someone else approaches him while you’re talking to him, does he instantly abandon your conversation? If this does occur more than once, he may not consider your words as important.
Notice What He Does
Pay attention to his body language. Body language can go a long way in showing you if he’d rather be cuddling with you than just hanging out. Notice the following:
- Accidental touches. Attempts to break the touch barrier show that he wants to touch you more. Subtle brushes and hand contact may increase as your friendship progresses.
- Staring. His admiration of you may come in the form of staring. If you catch his eye and he smiles before turning away, he knows that he has been caught looking at you.
- Body Angles. See if his body is engaged while you’re talking to him. If his entire body is turned toward you, he is open to what you have to say. He might also lean closer to you. However, realize that this method does not apply to every boy. Some may have a habit of sitting a certain way.
Look at How and How Often You Hang Out
Note the types of things you do together. Are you engaging in more date-like activities, or are you on the buddy system? Taking a long hard look at how you hang out can help you understand his real intentions. Here are some things to consider:
- Are you doing couple things together without being a couple? Do you find yourself grocery shopping, cooking dinner together, or even going to the Farmer’s Market with one grocery bag? These may be signs that he sees you as a girlfriend already.
- When you hang out, are you hanging solo or with a big group of people? This may indicate if he wants to see you a more than a friend.
- If he invites his ten best friends or entire fraternity to join you when you hang out, he may not see you as more than a friend. But pay attention–if he only invites other couples to join you, he probably wants to pair off with you.
- But if he invites his siblings, best friends, or if (yikes!) you somehow end up meeting his parents, this is a sure-fire sign that he wants you to be a serious part of his life.
Analyze When and Where You’re Hanging Out
Note where you’re hanging out. One of the easiest ways to see if he sees you as more than a friend is to note the places where you’re hanging out. Here are some ways to see if he’s trying to kick your relationship up a notch:
- If you go out to eat, not the type of restaurant. If you’re at a fun, loud, tapas bar, he may see you as more than a friend, but if you’re at a quiet, candle-lit restaurant with fine wine, he may be trying to tell you something. However, if he sits down next you at the school cafeteria, that may not mean he’s in the market for romance.
- Look around at the other people at the restaurant. Are they couples ogling each other, or friends laughing and chatting it up? This may say something about what he has in mind for you.
- Don’t overthink it. He may really like you–but he might also really like Korean BBQ. The location can be a good indicator, but it can’t tell you everything.
- If he invites you to the movies, what kind of a movie is it? Are you watching a romantic comedy or tear-jerker, or are you watching a bloody war film or a documentary? His choice of flick may tell you if he wants to put his arm around you or if he just wants a buddy.
- If you go to see a show, is it a low-lit jazz show or a female crooner, or a loud death metal concert that makes you go partially deaf? Is it the kind of place where you stand up and rock out, or sit down to romantically enjoy the show?
Find Out if He Really Likes You
Ask around. An easy way to find out how he feels is simply to ask other people. Of course, you should do this with caution because you don’t want him to find out what you really think about him. Here are some ways to find out:
- Casually ask his friends. Ask his friends if he’s seeing anyone or if he has feelings for anyone. Pick a friend you really trust, though–it will be hard to find a guy who breaks bro-code and doesn’t report to him immediately.
- Ask your girlfriends what they think. Your friends have seen the two of you together and can be honest about their assessment of the situation.
- Have your friends ask him. Again, proceed with caution. If it’s not too obvious, have one of your girlfriends ask him if he has his eye on someone special. She can pretend that she wants to set him up with someone else.